My key takeaways
- Version control is not for dev only. eg filename for docs 😉
- Fear of Git is quite common
- great way of explaining git:
- staging: collect changes to track
- if you get it on the CLI it is much easier to understand it in any other tool
- remove the file due to pw-oopsie: nope it’s in the history
- if you pushed it, no way to remove it anymore => change the pw!
- good commit message avoid having to read every single commit to understand the changes
- "main" is the new "master"
git mergemerges something into the branch I’m in
git reset --hardpick the sticky note and move it around
- dangling commit : commits that don’t reference to any commit <- stays there forever
- what is a rebase?
- "Awesome lists" are a concept for resources in open source community
- Provided by Wild West Hackin Fest
- Presenter: Ian Lee