My key takeaways
- Catch 22: I can’t get hired until I have experience. I can’t get experience until I get hired.
- Threat hunting is only < 5 years old
- Put out data and research to help others, if you want to lead
- Check social media to learn about dress codes
- Figure out the tools they are using by reviewing older job post on LinkedIn and Indeed
- Know your story: you have 2-3 min to hook them
- morning breakfast trick:
- appointment at 9am for interview
- on short notice switch to 8am in a coffee shop
- be there 45min earlier
- tipp the waitres to mess up the order of the interviewee
- judge on his reaction
- If you have an answer in an interview say "let be look that up for you" and give the answer in your follow up email
Provided by Active Countermeasures
kbuffN40 — heute um 20:12 Uhr
Building a lab? Check out labgopher.com – parses ebay for good deals on servers.
ExtremePaperClip — heute um 20:15 Uhr
One weird thing you WILL see in the Zeek logs of your home network: Google Chrome sending DNS requests to random strings of text (example: "sdilufvjksiou" "ctgwlkdjbfokdnkd")……. and that is normal.